There simply isn’t enough fun stuff on St George’s day for kids, so we have redressed the balance with a St George’s Day activities eBook for the kids and you all to enjoy.
What does St George’s Day make you think of?
Dragons, knights, maidens in distress, swords, and lances, right? So we have made sure that all of these fabulous associations are in the St George’s Day printable eBook that we have created for you. There are a few different activities for you to try with your kids or class on the 23rd April:
- Bingo game, including 16 different relevant St George’s Day images including a dragon, St George the knight, a maiden, red roses, fabulous red and white liveried horses, swords, and lances,
- St George’s word search,
- St George acrostic poem,
- Mind map for a dragon story, and finally
- Worksheet to write that dragon story.
All the classics for a classic patron saint! 😀
St George’s Day should be a lot of fun for the kids with these activities, so do let us know how you get on with them.
If you like this type of eBook, why don’t you take a look at some of the other resources and eBooks that we have on the site as well:
- Lego activities based eBook, largely focused on Maths and general counting fun,
- Fireworks fun with another eBook,
- Mindful coloring book for kids and adults with a wild animals theme, this costs a small amount so we can donate to mental health charities after each sale,
- 100+ coloring pages on the site for adults, and finally
- Lots of fantastic kindness resources for parents, kids and schools.
Do take a look at these, and then to get the St George’s Day printable activities eBook, all you need to do is click on the image below, and it is yours!
It isn’t that easy getting other St George’s Day activities, but we DID look for you:
- St George’s Day tabard from Domestic Goddesque,
- Dragon books from Nurturestore,
- Amazing St George and the Dragon teaching unit from Teach Beside Me, and finally
- Create in the Chaos has a gorgeous printable flying dragon!
We think that these are rather marvellous, and we hope that you will spend a little bit of time teaching the kids about St George, so he isn’t forgotten! We’ve just had St Patricks Day and St Davids Day, so let’s have a little bit of focus on the English Patron saint for a change….
If you don’t know the story of St George and the Dragon – why not tell it to the kids as well after doing these activities? There are a couple of fabulous books on the topic from Amazon:
- St George and the Dragon from Little Brown and Company (affiliate link), and
- Usbourne have published a book on St George too (Level 1 reading).
We hope that you have enjoyed this eBook, and all the other articles on the site. If you do – then please sign up to our weekly newsletter, so we can keep you up to date with what is happening.
It is a pleasure to have you come and see us, and please do so again.
Sunday 7th of April 2019
This is great for if you have children! Thank you for sharing!
Tuesday 2nd of April 2019
Ooh....I see a word search. Those are always a hit with my kids, and I won't pretend that I don't enjoy them almost as much.
Monday 1st of April 2019
Looks like something my grandkids would heavily enjoy. Very creative way to develop cognitive skills in children! Thanks for sharing.
Kristine Nicole Alessandra
Sunday 31st of March 2019
My grandson would have lots of fun with this St. George's activity e-book. I always choose good learning materials and fun activities for him to do. These look perfect!
Sunday 31st of March 2019
I don't know about St. George out here, but it does look like quite the fun activity book. I know my daughter would have loved this when she was younger. Had such a lot of fun.