We have a fantastic little game for you on the site today, another little activity from Joanna Fortune’s book covering 15-minute parenting activities for kids aged 0 to 7. This questions to ask your kids game is designed to help your children get to know YOU as a parent, and your family. As strange as that sounds, but it is actually really lovely for kids to know that little bit more about their family. It can really help them to feel they “belong.” As kids grow up, it is important that they feel they are an integral part of that family unit, in a safe and loving environment.
This post includes Amazon affiliate links.
We LOVE this printable, the questions are beautifully simple, but really fun for the kids to both think about, and learn the answers to as well.
- Do you know how your parents met?
- Do you know where your mother grew up?
- Do you know where your father grew up?
- Do you know where some of your grandparents grew up?
- Do you know where some of your grandparents met?
- Do you know where your parents were married?
- Do you know what went on when you were being born?
- Do you know the source of your name?
- Do you know some things about what happened when your brothers or sisters were being born?
- Do you know which person in your family you look most like?
- Do you know which person in the family you act most like?
- Do you know some of the illnesses and injuries that your parents experienced when they were younger?
- Do you know some of the lessons that your parents learned from good or bad experiences?
- Do you know some things that happened to your mother or father when they were at school?
- Do you know the national background of your family (Irish, English, German, South African, etc.)?
- Do you know some of the jobs that your parents had when they were young?
- Do you know some awards that your parents received when they were young?
- Do you know the names of the schools that your mum went to?
- Do you know the names of the schools that your dad went to?
- Do you know about a relative whose face ‘froze’ in a grumpy position because he or she did not smile enough?
We particularly like the last one of these 😂 – better be careful that you don’t ask that question when that specific relative is about….
Why not print this out, and try on all your kids, or even within the classroom? It could be a lot of fun as a bit of an ice-breaker?!?
To download the printable – with all 20 questions – just click on the circular image below and it is yours.
We do hope you would like to sign up to our newsletter after seeing some of the activities we produce – so why not give it a go?
Do nip over to the shop too!
We do have loads of other free games on the site that we hope that you will like. Why not check these out?
As always, we like to encourage you to explore other activity sites too – so check these out as well.
Thanks for stopping by; and we hope to see you again soon.