The composition of the Earth is a fun part of science education. There are so many projects and fun ways you can teach kids about the layers of the Earth. Today we’re providing you with a printable that will help kids learn what the layers of the Earth are and how each one is beneficial to our world.
If you’re looking for an easy way to help your kids learn more about the science involved in our home planet, then this printable is the one for you!
What are the 4 layers of the earth?
The 4 layers of Earth help keep our world working properly, those layers include:
- The outer crust,
- The crust,
- The mantle, and
- The inner core.
Each layer has a benefit for helping our world work the way it does. That’s where our printable comes into play. There is an answer sheet and a worksheet for the layers of the Earth for your kids to test their knowledge as you dig into this area of science and geography education.
What are 5 facts about the mantle?
Want to add more to this little educational printable? Then here are 5 facts about the mantle that you can include in your education of the layers of the Earth.
- The mantle is mostly-solid and counts as the bulk of Earth’s center,
- The mantle makes up about 84% of the Earth’s total volume,
- The molten material that surrounded the core created the mantle in earlier days,
- The temperature of the mantle varies, being at its highest temperature when it meets the Earth’s crust, and
- The mantle has several layers, including the upper mantle, the transition zone, and the lower mantle.
Learning about the Earth’s layers is one way to help kids understand and appreciate the world that they live in. We’re living on a planet that is comprised of materials like gas, rock and other compounds and elements that work together to help us have solid ground to live on every day.
If you’re ready to start your layers of the Earth curriculum, then you can download this free printable today to learn more and help your kids comprehend their mother planet, Earth. Click the image below to download.
I hope you like that earth layer printable and it is useful to help children learning about the science topic. If you are looking for more science activities, you might like to spend time checking out the other articles on our site covering STEM:
- Pear lifecycle activities will be perfect for STEM plant learning play for your kids today. The process of a seed turning into a tree and then harvesting pears should be interesting to your children,
- This Animal habitats sorting game for kids is fun for kids to learn about living creatures in the habitats, and
- Jelly Baby wave machine is a great Science experiment for kids
When you have finished doing the activities, you can look up other science based ideas in other sites:
- Go Science Kids has a fun planet earth science that will make children busy and have fun,
- Look Inside a Volcano Activity from Research Parents will be a great activity to help kids learning about volcanos, and
- Adventures in Mommydom has fun Layers of the Earth hands-on lesson that will give a great experience for children.
Looking for more FREE activity ideas? You can follow us on Pinterest and check out more fun activities and ideas we save, as well as signing up to our fabulous newsletter. You can get it either daily or weekly.
Take care and we trust you will be back soon!