Be one of the first to watch enchanting new animation film Away with our lovely new giveaway on KiddyCharts! Struggling to keep the kids entertained during lockdown? We are offering ten winners the chance to put their feet up and watch the brand new, multi-award-winning animation Away (cert U) from the comfort of their own sofa. Just read on to find out more about the film, and how you can win.
Note: Entrants must have access to an iTunes account and be able to play films purchased from iTunes to claim their prize. iTunes films can be played on both Android and Apple devices.
What is the film Away about?
Away follows the story of a boy travelling across an island on a motorcycle, trying to escape a dark spirit and get back home. Along the way, he makes a series of connections with different animals and reflects on the possible ways he ended up on the island. Part dream, part reality, the film explores our common, universal need to ﬁnd a connection.
The boy’s solo journey is something we know lots of kids being home schooled and parents trying to teach can relate to at the moment. It offers much needed light at the end of the tunnel and a simplicity that has been called ‘Wonderous and original’ (The Guardian) and ‘Simply extraordinary’ (Metro) by critics across the globe.
The film Away teaches invaluable lessons about friendship, loyalty, bravery, inclusion and diversity and how it’s okay to be scared every once in a while. The power of animals speaks volumes, with foxes, birds, tortoises and cats all helping the boy on his journey.
We can perhaps be happier, with all these important life lessons, to let the kids just watch while we get on with something else. Even if its just having a cup of tea in peace….
Who made the film Away?
Away is also a great source of inspiration for any aspiring directors or animators! The 26 year old director Gints Zilbalodis wrote, directed and produced the film completely by himself, creating the music from scratch with no training. He made his first short film at just 15 years old after dreaming of being a filmmaker his whole life. Away is his first feature film and a testament to the power of believing in dreams.
Film Distributor website: https://www.munrofilmservices.co.uk/page/home
How to win your digital copy of Away
We are offering the usual simple entry mechanisms for this through the Gleam mechanisms below including:
- Tweeting about the giveaway, including the @KiddyCharts handle,
- Share your unique link with others and if they enter gaining another entry,
- Commenting on this blog post as to why you think this film sounds interesting for your kids, and
- Visiting the printable section of our site to check out our resources, and seeing if you fancy signing up, then
- If you do like the resources, sign up for our newsletter. Don’t do so unless you are interested in more than just the giveaways. We are mainly focused on giving away free resources to parents and schools.
We hope that you like the look of Away – here is the entry form for you all:Win 1 of 10 digital copies of the film Away
Thanks as always for taking part, don’t forget to check out the other giveaways on the site:
Thanks as always for visiting us.
Additional Terms and Conditions for this giveaway. These supersede any relevant ones within our general terms and conditions for giveaways for this site:
- Entrants must be aged 15 or over when entering the competition and a resident in the UK or Ireland. The Promoter has the right, at its discretion, to request proof of age and residence for the winners to receive the prize. Entrants under 18 must make sure that their parent/guardian have consented to their entry into the competition and to these Terms and Conditions,
- Entry is free of charge,
- Entrants will need access to the internet to enter the competition,
- Entrants will enter the competition on the Kiddy Charts website,
- Only one entry per person will be considered. Multiple entries will not be accepted. Any entrant found to be using multiple accounts to enter will be deemed ineligible,
- There will be 10 winners. The prize for each winner is an iTunes code for feature film Away distributed by Munro Films,
- iTunes codes expire within 28 days if not redeemed. No alternative prize will be offered if the code is not redeemed,
- Winners will be chosen at random and contacted by a representative from Kiddy Charts by email.
- Proof of submission shall not be proof of receipt. Entries that are incomplete, incorrectly filled in, illegal, illegible, in the incorrect format or fraudulent or those not received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be deemed invalid and not accepted. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for technical failures which prevent an entrant from submitting an entry and no responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for entries lost, corrupted or delayed in transmission.
- If a winner fails to respond within 48 hours of notification, the prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner(s) will be contacted.
- The Promoter is Kiddy Charts. The competition is run in association with Strike Media on behalf of Munro Films.
- This competition is not open to employees of Kiddy Charts or Strike Media or associated agents of those companies or anyone else professionally connected with this competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right in exceptional circumstances to vary, amend or withdraw this competition on reasonable notice.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- The prize may not be sold, offered for sale or used in connection with any other competition or promotion by the winners.
- By entering the competition, the winners give consent for their name, contact number and address to be passed to a third party provider for delivery of the prize. Save for the exception above, the Promoter will not pass any personal data to any third party unless required to do so by law or an appropriate regulatory authority.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for failure to deliver the prize caused by the delivery/postal service.
- By entering the competition, entrants are sending their personal information to the Promoter who will at all times process an entrant’s personal data in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and applicable laws.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the Promoter assumes no liability for any claim, loss or damage arising (whether directly or indirectly).
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Entry into the competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions will be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.