We have another giveaway for a book live today for you, this time it is a lovely new book from new author Leanne Brown, Daniel’s Dreams: Monster Mountain. We have three copies to give away, with a bundle of bookmarks and postcards too. This book is really important as it was written to help kids deal with anxiety, and understand it just that little bit more…
What is Daniel’s Dreams: Monster Mountain about?
With an ever-changing world, our children are having to adapt to a new learning situation, a new way of living and a new way of life. Children’s mental health problems are never more prevalent than they are now.
Across the world, some children are finding themselves in mental health
crisis. We must do something to help, support and help them cope with a situation none of us were prepared for. But we also must think beyond that and recognise that mental health issues for children won’t just go away either.
Quite the contrary, it is fast becoming our world’s next biggest health battle.
It is for that reason that I wrote Daniel’s Dream.Says Leanne Brown
The first in the series, this book explores new characters and introduces us to Monster Mountain. It sees Daniel, a shy boy, escaping life through his dreams. In his dreams, he meets monster characters. Daniel notices that the monsters are different, unique and suffer with mental health difficulties. It is up to Daniel to help the monsters with their issues.
However, Daniel is fast to notice that some of the issues the monsters suffer with relate to either himself, his friends, or people in his life. The story celebrates individuality, uniqueness, and difference.
Children are taught coping strategies, breathing techniques and they are not alone. It truly is a wonderful book that can help children far and wide. This first book covers the ideas of anxiety, but it also introduces us to characters who represent a range of mental health difficulties.
The next book in the series will cover depression and how children can identify with depression, how they can cope and how they can express themselves.
How to win Daniel’s Dreams
We just need you to fill out the Gleam widget here to enter the giveaway. We have a few ways of entering this so take a look and see which ones are the best for you:
- Following @LeanneBrownDBR and @KiddyCharts on Twitter. Please do so within the widget, otherwise entry won’t be counted,
- Tweeting about the giveaway so that others know that we have it running on the site,
- Visiting the publisher website to take a look; it is published by Dream Believe Read, so do pop along and check out their site,
- Sharing the unique link we have provided with others, and if people enter through this link you will get more entries, and
- Checking out our printables page to see if there is anything that you like on there. If there is, feel free to sign up to our newsletter. No extra entries for doing so though, and finally
- Commenting on this blog post as to whom you would like to win this prize for and why.
Here is the entry form for you from Gleam:Win Daniel’s Dream: Monster Mountain book to help kids’ anxiety Win Daniel’s Dream: Monster Mountain book to help kids’ anxiety
We are leaving this giveaway open until xx February at 11.59pm, why not enter now so you don’t miss out?
Feel free to sign up for our giveaway alerts if you want to hear about them as we release them on the site.
And if you like our free printables, why not sign up to our newsletter too?
Don’t forget to check out the other giveaways on the site as well while you are here.
Take care, and we hope to see you again on the site soon,