Say Happy Birthday with this birthday sprinkles cake, courtesy of Stork recipes. I remember my mother adding sprinkles to the top of the family trifle at Christmas, who’d had thought that a few years down the line, I’d be adding them to a birthday cake ;-)
- 375 g butter
- 375 g caster sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 375 g self raising flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 6 tbsps strawberry jam
- 200 g butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 500 g icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 160c (fan)/180c/Gas Mark 4.
- Grease 3 x 8” sandwich cake tins well and line the bases of each with a circle of non-stick baking paper.
- Place all the cake ingredients in a large bowl and beat together until the cake mixture is even and well combined.
- Divide the mixture between the tins and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden and springy to the touch.
- Place the cakes onto a wire rack and allow to cool fully.
- Sandwich together the 3 cooled cakes with jam and set onto a serving plate.
- Beat together the Stork with Butter, vanilla and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Coat the sides and top of the cake with the vanilla frosting.
- Cover the top of the cake completely with sprinkles adding just a few to the sides.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g