This sandwich is like no other sandwich you will have tasted in your life. It’s so good you will not want to put it down. It is meaty, juicy, spicy (if you want it to be)! This is perfect “Friday fun” food.
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise top up with
- 2 Co-operative Truly Irresistible sirloin steaks
- 500 g chips or fries
- 300 g cherry tomatoes, larger ones halved
- 6 tbsp Co-operative Truly Irresistible tomato and chilli chutney
- 4 small ciabattas
- 2 handfuls rocket
- To make four steaks halve each sirloin steak. With a rolling pin flatten them out - this helps to fill the sandwich and reduce the cooking time.
- According to the instructions on the pack, cook the chips or fries.
- In 1tbsp of the oil in small pan fry the onion until soften and golden. Add chutney and tomatoes then increase the heat and bubble for few minutes, stirring until the tomatoes are juicy and soft but not falling apart. Turn the heat off, learning the tomatoes and onions in the pay to stay warm.
- Heat a frying pan or griddle, open up the ciabattas and toast both sides. With the remaining oil brush the stakes, season with pepper and then griddle for 1-3 minutes on each side.
- Spread 1tbsp of mayonnaise on the bottom of each ciabatta. Then add some rocket, a stake and a big spoonful of the tomatoes and onions. Top it with the ciabatta and serve with fries.
Serving Size:4 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g