Delicious peach cobbler is an awesome dessert using only store cabin ingredients and it’s so simple to make, anyone can do it.
Peach Cobbler Video Tutorial
Peach Cobbler Recipe
- 2 x 400g tins of sliced peaches in juice
- 1 heaped tsp of cornflour
- 25 ml spiced rum
- 1 tsp of fresh thyme leaves, optional
- 1 tbsp honey
- 140 g self-raising flour
- 100 g butter, cold
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 500 ml ready made custard, to serve
- Preheat an oven to 180ºC.
- Open both tins of peaches, and drain in a colander over a bowl, saving the juice. In a small saucepan, mix the cold juice with the cornflour to dissolve, then heat to a simmer and let it bubble for about a minute to thicken.
- Transfer the peach slices to an oven-proof pudding dish so that the fruit is about 4cm deep and pour the thickened peach juice over.
- Strip the leaves off of the fresh thyme sprigs (if using) so that you end up with about a teaspoon full and scatter over the peaches. Then drizzle over the rum and honey.
- Weigh the flour into a large mixing bowl and cut the cold butter into small dices. Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs then stir in the caster sugar.
- Mix in the 2 tablespoons of milk to just form a dough; it’ll be quite wet.
- Scatter the dough on top of the peaches so that they are almost completely covered in a very rustic way.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top of the dough mixture and then bake in a preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the dish for 10 minutes whilst you warm the custard in the microwave (or a small pan) until piping hot, then serve both together.
Serving Size:4 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
About Now Cook It
Created by two awesome movements with community at their heart. Co-op and SORTEDfood bring you Now Cook It.
If you are ruled by your head, you can pick up recipes and skills as you go, while you are learning new cooking techniques. How you use Now Cook It is up to you. That really is the beauty of the Now Cook It program.
If you are ruled by your stomach, then you can freestyle it, by simply choosing a recipe and tracking your progress. If you don’t want to sit and learn, then just get straight into cooking that delicious food without any of that thought before hand. You really can just cook it if you want to!