Are you looking for some great Easter dinner ideas for your kids, family and friends? Then challenge and impress your guests by asking them to find hidden eggs in the delicious Chocolate Egg Fondant desert you just made. You could even decorate the tops with crushed eggs to make them more colourful and extra tasty.
- 150 g bar Co-operative Loved By Us dark chocolate
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 4 Co-operative British free range eggs
- 90 g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 75 g self raising flour
- 16 mini chocolate eggs
- Preheat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/Gas 5. Take 8 small pudding moulds or ovenproof cups or dishes and lightly butter and base line them. Over gently simmering water melt the chocolate and butter together, stir until completely melted, then take off the heat and set aside.
- Take the (real) eggs and crack them into a bowl, then add the caster sugar and use an electric whisk to beat together until fluffy and light. Take the cooled chocolate and butter mixture that we set aside earlier and add a few spoonfuls, then fold together.
- Fold in the remaining chocolate mixture until all combined.
- Get the cocoa powder and flour and sieve it into the bowl and gently fold again. Spoon the mixture into the pudding moulds. Poke two chocolate eggs into the middle of each one and bake for 7 minutes. Serve while still warm.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
This recipe for Easter dinner ideas was provided by The Co-operative Food. Do check them out on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter too, they have some great resources for you, as well as more lovely recipes.