This Coconut and raspberry loaf cake is the easiest cake to make but it is super delicious. It will be a lovely surprise for your guests when the cake is cut and the hidden jam is revealed.
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 150 g golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Co-operative free range eggs
- 250 g self raising flour
- 100 g desiccated coconut
- 4 tbsp semi skimmed milk
For the Icing
- 80 g icing sygar
- 2 tsp raspberry jam
- 2 tsp hot water
- 6 tbsp raspberry jam
For the topping
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Set the oven to 180C/ fan 160C/ Gas 4. Grease a 900g loaf tin. Until fluffy beat the sugar, butter and vanilla together. Take the eggs and beat them one at a time with a little of the flour.
- Put in the coconut, remaining flour and milk. Take 3/4 oft the cake mix and put it in the tin and top with jam. Now put in the rest of the cake mix on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes, cover and put it back in to the oven for another 20-25 minutes until just gold and cooked.
- Leave to cool. Mix together the icing ingredients, pour the icing over the cake and on top sprinkle the coconut.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving:Unsaturated Fat: 0g
This recipe for delicious desert ideas was provided by The Co-operative Food. Do check them out on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter too, they have some great resources for you, as well as more lovely recipes.