This Coconut and raspberry loaf cake is the easiest cake to make but it is super delicious. It will be a lovely surprise for your guests when the cake is cut and the hidden jam is revealed.
Coconut and raspberry loaf cake
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 150 g golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Co-operative free range eggs
- 250 g self raising flour
- 100 g desiccated coconut
- 4 tbsp semi skimmed milk
For the Icing
- 80 g icing sygar
- 2 tsp raspberry jam
- 2 tsp hot water
- 6 tbsp raspberry jam
For the topping
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Set the oven to 180C/ fan 160C/ Gas 4. Grease a 900g loaf tin. Until fluffy beat the sugar, butter and vanilla together. Take the eggs and beat them one at a time with a little of the flour.
- Put in the coconut, remaining flour and milk. Take 3/4 oft the cake mix and put it in the tin and top with jam. Now put in the rest of the cake mix on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes, cover and put it back in to the oven for another 20-25 minutes until just gold and cooked.
- Leave to cool. Mix together the icing ingredients, pour the icing over the cake and on top sprinkle the coconut.
This recipe for delicious desert ideas was provided by The Co-operative Food. Do check them out on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter too, they have some great resources for you, as well as more lovely recipes.