It is showy. It is simple. Impress your family and friends.
It is not as difficult as you may think to make this delicious recipe. Why not mix up your Sunday lunches, by serving beef wellington instead of the usual Sunday roast. Great for dinners too! Yum.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour 10 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 25 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 kg Co_operative British boneless roasting joint of beef
- 4 tbsp English mustard
- 15 g unsalted butter
- 2 x 230g packs of chestnut mushrooms - finely sliced and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic - peeled and crushed
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme, or you can use 1 tbsp of dried thyme
- 500 g of puff pastry
- 6 slices or around 80g of prosciutto
- 1 Co-operative British free range egg, beaten
- Preheat your oven to 200c/fan180c/Gas 6. Then lightly oil a baking tray, leave to one side. Then on the hob heat a heavy based frying pan until hot. Rub half the olive oil over the beef, and cook until golden on all sides. Remove beef from the pan then brush the mustard over it.
- Heat the remaining oi and butter in the pan, and add the mushrooms, gently cooking with the garlic and thyme for around 5 minutes.
- Roll the pastry into a rectangle - making sure that the pastry is few centimeters longer than the joint of beef, and that it is also wide enough to fully encase the joint of beef when folded over.
- Arrange the slices of prosciutto over and across the pastry, and then sit the beef in the middle. Carefully spoon the mushroom over the beef - try to do this as evenly as possible.
- Carefully bring the pastry up and over the beef, then seal it, trimming the ends. Score the top of the pastry, and finally brush with the egg wash ad place on the baking tray (which you prepared earlier).
- Cook for around one hour, until golden. The beef should have a pretty blush - it should be a little pink.
This easy to prepare recipe was provided by Co-operative Food
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 510Total Fat: 33.6gUnsaturated Fat: 0g
If you have enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to check out the other delicious recipes we have on KiddyCharts, and why not also sign up for our newsletter!
Please also feel free to check out our great Pinterest Board, there are loads of ideas you will enjoy here!