- 110 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 60 g caster sugar
- 10 g cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 25 g ground almonds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 avocado, mashed well
- Cocoa-avocado Frosting:
- 1 avocado
- 100 g cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 150 g honey
- 150 g maple syrup pinch of salt
- 2 Double Deckers
- Freeze-dried raspberry
- 10 g rice krispies
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (160 degrees fan). With cooking spray grease the baking tin well.
- In a double boiler with two inches of simmering water melt the chocolate (the bottom of the bowl must not touch the water). You can even use a microwave to melt the chocolate in 10 sec burst and stir in between the bursts till melted. Set aside.
- In the stand mixer bowl place eggs and sugar and whisk on medium speed till light and fluffy for aprox. 5 minutes.
- Into the melted chocolate stir the avocado, vanilla, almond and cocoa and then add the mixture to the eggs and sugar and whisk till you reach a smooth batter.
- Tip the batter into the greased tin and smooth over to level and bake for 12-20 min.
- Once baked let it cool all the way in the tin before releasing and cutting into 20 squares.
- To make Cocoa-avocado Frosting you place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blix, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula to combine all together really well. Mix till smooth and glossy.
- Cut the Double Deckers and melt over a double boiler while stirring well. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and pour the melted Double Decker mix into the middle. Place another parchment paper over the mix and flatten with a rolling pin to 1-2mm thickness. Put in a fridge to set.
- Take a piping bag with a small closed star tip and fill it with the frosting. Pipe the frosting along the edges of each brownie square then flood into the middle.
- From set Double Decker break off shards and place a few atop each brownie. Sprinkle over raspberry powder and crushed rice krispies.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving:Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Do take a minute to check our yummy Pinterest board, there are plenty of easy and delicious recipes for you!