Mess free guarantee with this fun Father’s Dad card craft!
Are you looking for a Father’s Day card craft activity for your baby or toddler without worrying about messy hands or clothes..? Then our mess free Father’s Day card craft is the solution!
By using a freezer bag babies and toddlers can have finger painting fun without the mess. So look no further than this activity for your fantastic mess free Father’s Day card. Let me show you how…
To create the card you need:
- Piece of white card,
- Paint (I’ve used 6 colors, but you can use whatever you have at home),
- Freezer bag,
- Blu tack, and
Father’s Day card craft – easy to make and mess free.
And here is how you do your mess free Father’s Day card craft. Depending on the age of your child you can set this activity on a high chair, table or the floor.
- Fold the card in half and use the blu tack to secure the card to the table; you can also use tape, but just be careful you don’t rip the card when removing it from the table.
- With your child’s help apply dollops of various colors of pain around the card.
- Carefully place the card into the freezer bag and secure around all edges onto the table using the tape.
- Show your child how to mix the colors and make swirly patterns – let them explore and have a play with the paint and the different colors.
- Once your child has finished, remove the card from the freezer bag. Throw the freezer bag away along with any other mess.
- On the inside of the card write your child’s message to the Dad.
Not just play, this activity helps development too.
- It is a simple way to introduce art to babies and toddlers.
- It is good for developing hand-eye coordination.
- This is a sensory activity, as your child is moving the paint around with their fingers – not a paintbrush.
- Helps develop fine motor skills.
- Can help with color recognition too, be sure to chat about the colors you are using. Its a great way to experiment and demonstrate what happens to primary colors when they are mixed together.
If you have enjoyed this mess free Father’s Day card craft then please do check out some of our recent activities from KiddyCharts:
- Does your LO enjoy sensory activities? Check out our Sensory bottles for babies and toddlers activity,
- Or how about a sensory activity which your LO can also eat, Baby sensory finger painting. And, how about
- If your LO likes Dr Seuss, what about one of our 25 Dr Seuss activities and crafts.
Or what about these great Father’s Day activities from the web:
- Father’s Day footprint cards from Crafty Morning,
- For the DIY Dad’s, An engraved hammer craft from i can teach my child, and
- Something for Dad from all ages! Homemade Father’s Day gifts that kids can make from Happy Hooligans.
If you found this post interesting and useful then please be sure to sign up to our KiddyCharts newsletter, so you do not miss out on any of our great posts.
Please also do check out our KiddyCharts Pinterest board for more fab ideas!