Sit back, relax, and enjoy our Summer Reading Challenge 2021; with everything you need as both a parent and an educator to encourage your kids to read over the summer for positive mental health. We have partnered with the amazing Leanne Brown from Dream. Believe. Read to create and distribute some amazing resources, and ideas to use reading to promote kids’ wellbeing. All we are asking for is you to share your reading logs with us, and an email address to enter. We have some book lists to inspire you too.
We have also worked hard to get over £5000 of prizes for participating schools and kids JUST for reading! From books to toys, and everything else in between – we got what you need to stock up the library, school, your bookcase and toy boxes.
Why not take the #BeWellRead challenge – it’s easy.
Across all three school winning categories, and prizes for individual kids: We have a total of
£5000+ IN PRIZES
For full terms and conditions, visit us here.
A massive thanks to all our wellbeing authors too for contributing prizes, and supporting this campaign. There are over 45 of them!
Kids can gain three levels in the challenge by filling out their reading passport over the next two months (until end August, 2021):
- Bronze level (reading two books),
- Silver level (four books), and
- Gold level (completing their passport with six books).
Click on the images above for the school or the age of your child and you will get all you need to enter our amazing challenge, and be in with a chance of winning some of the most fabulous prizes for both the kids AND the schools that enter. This prizes are only available to UK schools and children, but you can use the resources, certificates and reading passports wherever you are.
Everything you need is in the packs above where you can get:
- Certifications for kids that complete bronze, silver or gold,
- Passports to tick off your books,
- Lesson plans for all age groups, and
- Your reading log so you can enter.
There are prizes for schools that enter some of their kids, and prizes at bronze, silver and gold levels for individual kids too. We are giving prizes away to 100 different children across the three categories of school!
Here are some of the brands supporting us with prizes:
Thanks to every one of them for their donations – go check them out here:
- Learning Resources, who are donating £150 to three winning primary schools, and £325 to individual children who complete their reading logs to gold level and email in,
- Orchard Toys, who are donating bundles to six schools at £50 each, as well as individual prizes to kids reading to bronze, silver and gold levels giving a staggering £300 worth of vouchers,
- John Adams, who have given. a total of 39 Bookeez toys to the campaign to send to primary schools, and a total of 30 children (10 each that completed bronze, silver and gold levels),
- Brainstorm, who are giving a 2 in 1 planetarium to all three primary schools that win,
- Casdon Toys, who are giving a bundle of toys to the three nurseries that win
- Author MJ Woodman, and her amazing book, Divine – we have 22 copies to give to schools and winners,
- Playmobil UK, who are offer six bundle prizes to the kids that complete the challenge, as well as one to each of the primary schools that enter. That’s nearly £900 worth of goodies, and finally
- All our AMAZING authors that have contributed their own books to the bundles at all three levels of schools, so that we can offer amazing prizes to nurseries, primary schools, and secondary schools. Book contributions include those from Red Ted Art, Baby Budgeting, Dream Believe Read, Carlie Wright, I am Your Friend and many more.
We are keeping entry simple for you.
We KNOW that complicated means that you, and the kids, won’t have time to do this.
How to enter the Summer Reading Challenge 2021
- Email your reading logs, which are part of the packs above for your entries to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entering the competition gives us permission to add the email address that was used to enter to our and Leanne’s Dream Believe Read mailing list databases. We will confirm this to you upon entry,
- If you enter, you need to name your file so we can count your entry. We’d love to hear from you what book you read, and your reviews for them all. There is a reading log included within the information pack. You are able to download it separately here too.
- Use the format kidsname_age_schoolname_schoolcategory when naming your entry files, so we can easily find your entries for the kids prizes.
- If you are homeschooled, then just put homeschool for your schoolname.
- If you are entering as a school and have a few entries from your class: please send from a single school email address with all the kids participating, and let us know your name, and the classes ages within the email and filenames, so we can include your children for the individual kids’ prizes too.
- Need inspiration on what to read – don’t forget to check out our books lists!
- The closing date for submission is 11.59pm on 30th September, 2021. Plenty of time to read the books over July and August, and write, then submit your logs.
That really is it.
Who knew that reading could be fun, good for your welbeing, AND help you, and your school all at once?
What are you waiting for – participate in #BeWellRead this summer!
Let’s share #BeWellRead to get kids reading today
Why not let people know about our summer reading challenge on social media as well? Here is a social post we have set up for you to share with everything:
“I am taking part in #BeWellRead with @kiddycharts and @LeanneBrownDBR: reading is vital to positive mental health. Let’s get kids reading this summer. £5000s of prizes available: https://www.kiddycharts.com/summer-reading-challenge”
Here is an single image that you are free to download and use to promote it too. There are a number of other images for social platforms located here for you to use, including graphics that both promote the wellbeing focus for the campaign alongside the £5000 prize pot.
Instagram stories or TikTok – note prizes now over £6500
We want loads of kids to discover the joy of reading this summer, come on in! We would dearly love to have you.
Helen and Leanne