This is a sponsored giveaway
We are on day 7 of Summer Countdown; make sure you check out all the other giveaways in the countdown. We’d already done, toys, scooters, and pushchairs. So today, we have something a little bit different for you. We are offering you membership of the Home Exchange website which enables you to exchange your house with others in the network, giving you the chance to pretty much holiday in another member’s house almost anywhere in the world!
You may not know what we mean by a house swapping site, so let me explain in a few simple steps:
- You get registration to the Home Exchange site by winning our amazing summer comp,
- You put details of you and your house on the site,
- You then put details of the types of holidays that you like, and locations you might want to go,
- You explore the options available for others registered on the site, including when those are available to see if they fit in with your plans,
- You then open a dialogue with the owners, and start the swapping process. Once you join, there are Facebook groups to access as well to chat about the process, so you feel even more comfortable with what you are doing.
All this – and you get to holiday where you would like, and you don’t need to pay. You need to make sure that your house is available in return, but there is plenty of support for both from members of the site. On average, using a Home Exchange site like this can save you as much as 58% a year on your travel costs.
Believe it or not, there are over 65,000 homes on the site; in France, UK, Caribbean, Florida – you name it, they may very well have it! They are actually in 150 countries worldwide. House swapping could take you to places that you didn’t even dream of going. And most of them are kid friendly too….
This IS a new and different concept here in Europe, but has been available, particularly in the U.S., for a number of years now.
In addition, you can earn Balloon Exchanges on the system – which means you can stay somewhere, without having to reciprocate by someone staying with you. If you have a holiday-maker staying with you with a Balloon; YOU earn that Balloon for use somewhere else! More info on Balloon exchanges is available on the site as well.
If you fancy trying this out, why not enter the giveaway?
Entry to the giveaway is simple, use the Gleam below as always. You can enter by:
- Following @HomeExchangecom on Twitter, as well as @kiddycharts,
- Tweeting about the giveaway; tagging @HomeExchangecom, @kiddycharts and using the #KiddyChartsSummer hashtag, and
- Then you can share your url to the giveaway for more entries – so more people hear about it, and finally
- Visit the Home Exchange site, and take a look – maybe you can register and start looking at where you could be travelling to next! You don’t have to register to enter, but we’d love you to tell us where you’d like to go and why after you have explored all the amazing properties on the site. Perhaps after that you may WANT to register!
So what are you waiting for – why not give it a go?
This giveaway closes on Saturday 11th August at 11.59pm, and as always the same terms and conditions apply.
We are sure that you have a few questions on the site; we did – so we asked them!
What about security issues with info on your home and holidays?
The site totally understands these concerns, and there have never been any issues with members. The cost of membership (£100), is a barrier to any inappropriate activities. In addition, the site does allow you to limit the information that you share publicly as well. Home Exchange takes security very seriously – so has even provided lots of information on the home exchange safety on the site. Covering everything from privacy, to issues around concerns about inviting others into your home.
I feel weird allowing other people in my house
Lots of people feel like this. Remember, you are staying in their home when they are staying in yours so there is an immediate mutual respect built. In addition, this is what the Facebook groups, and messaging services within the site help to alleviate; you’ll chat with the people coming to your home, and those hosting you. Everyone wants it to be a positive experience, so the site can continue its success.
What happens if I break something?
It is only natural to be worried about unforeseen accidents when staying in someone else’s house. IN the company’s considerable experience, the answer is simple when this does happen though. Visitors that have accidentally broken items – just replace them. The site is, after all based around trust.
As you can tell, the site is very flexible, so why not register on there, and see where you can travel today?
We hope you like this giveaway, and the intro to this new concept in travel. If you do, please do sign up to our article newsletter for a weekly update on the site. You’ll never miss a thing again!
Cheers for coming over to see us, and see you next time.