It’s amazing what you can teach a child with this label a tree printable. Practice spelling, handwriting, and science while your child sits down to learn what the parts of a tree are.
Trees provide us with the oxygen we need to breathe. Trees are a vital component of everyday life and we see them all around us. It’s fun to step back and educate your child about the parts of a tree and watch as they start to recognize each part of a tree during a nature walk together.
This label a tree printable includes the vocabulary necessary to have your child handpick which labels go with which parts of the three on a photograph. You can easily use this label a tree printable for vocabulary lessons and science while at home with your child.
Label a Tree Printable Vocabulary
- Branch, and
Using these words as part of your spelling words for the week will be a fabulous way to start educating your children on the various parts of trees. As an addition to this label a tree printable, we’re sharing what each of these parts of the tree are:
- Roots – The root of a tree is what helps absorb nutrients and water to keep the tree alive and well.
- Leaves – The leaves of a tree help provide food for the tree by capturing sunlight.
- Crown – The crown of a tree includes the branches, leaves, and anything that extends from the main stems or trunk of the tree.
- Trunk – The trunk of a tree is one of the most important features to identify which tree you’re looking at. As well as being an important part of timber production.
- Twig – A twig is the smallest part of the branches of a tree. You’ll find that they’re small in size and break or fall off of a tree easily.
- Branch – The branches of a tree are connected to the main trunk of the tree and usually stronger than a twig and larger in size.
- Bark- The bark of a tree is the outer layer of all trees and is part of the trunk of a tree.
Now that you have some information to work with as a means to use this label a tree printable to educate your children about trees, you can click the image below to download and print this worksheet for your family to enjoy together.
Are you still looking for other activities related to nature, especially plants? We have several resources done for you to check out. I hope they are helpful.
- Wildflower Identification activity will get the kids spotting town plants and more! Kids will have better attitudes towards the natural environment,
- 3 ways of teaching kids about the garden Gives you ideas to get kids more familiar to the nature by doing gardening activities,
- Spring activities to get your kids outside NOW! will provide more reasons for children to have outdoor nature activities,
- Label the parts of a flower as well as a tree, with this printable too!
There are more activities related to trees you can find in other sites. Here are some of them you can check out after doing ours:
- Fantastic Fun and Learning has 45 Tree activities for kids that will make sure they will get more excited with the topic doing a lot of fun things.
- If you are looking more tree crafts, you will need to check out Hands on as We Grow because it has 45 Fall Tree Crafts that are Gorgeous for Kids to Make
- Doing tree activities is not only for spring and summer. Winter has the evergreen trees you can have fun with kids. Check out Fun A Day to get inspired with the preschool winter activities with evergreen trees.
I hope you have enough stocks for tree activity ideas. You can also follow us in Pinterest and check out more fun activities and ideas we save.
Let’s get in touch by subscribing to our newsletter.
Sign up for free kids ideas to your inbox