This is our Time to Pee exclusive for you this week – and we know you are going to LOVE this one as we are sharing a printable that will show you how to make a mason jar light DIY for Halloween. You can use these as a fabulous craft to add to your Halloween party ideas, or just a lantern to pop in the window to make the house feel that little bit more spooky.
What you need for this diy mason jar?
This is a easy lamp craft, so you don’t need too much for it at all:
- Mason jar
- Thin paper,
- Scissors to get creative with,
- Battery operated candle.
These are also known as luminaries as well – and all the designs are based on a haunted village – with SIX to choose from.
How to make your mason jar light DIY
- Print these designs on thin paper, or a white paper bag. We have 6 different haunted houses for you to choose from within the printable this week,
- Roll and glue the sides to make a tube. Check that it is the right size for your mason jar. We have given you a PDF so you can scale up and down as required so that it fits to the jars that you have for this. The bigger the jars, the spookier the design!
- You may add extra paper to make your tube bigger of course, to help fit the jars if you have one of the larger ones that sit on step to add a bit of a spooky feel to front doors,
- You may or may not cut the orange part to create holes for the windows. We like cutting out the windows as it makes a really cool effect for the mason jar light DIY idea, but it really is up to you. It can be a bit fiddly to cut these out, so for smaller hands, you might need to help out,
- You may also cut the outlines and stick it on your mason jar instead of creating a tube. Do what you think is easiest, or best for your child, and finally
- Put battery operated candles inside. Don’t use real tealights in this as this would be far too dangerous with the paper. Make sure you stay safe this Halloween.
We KNOW you want to see what designs there are – so here you go – we’ve got six of them. Here are the first three for you:
We have coloured in the window with orange, as we have mentioned before, to give a spooky Halloween feel to the pictures. All of the images have turrets and attics galore – perfect for hanging in any Halloween scene in either an indoor or outdoor setting.
Which of these is YOUR favourite, and would look best in your home?
If you want to download this, you need to pop over to the shop, and become a member of our Time to Pee club. We give you a free exclusive printable every week, and access to 10% off in our shop. Why not consider becoming a Time to Pee member, and get everything we have in the shop for free! Usually £5.95 each, and we’ve got loads of products for you too, so there is bound to be something you would consider using every month. Why not check out the latest premium products we have added to the shop?
Sign up to our Annual subscription to the Time to Pee club here!
£49.95 and everything in the shop is FREE!
Sign up to the monthly Time to Pee subscription now!
£5.95 per month and all shop products are FREE!
We hope you like this one of our diy projects, do feel free to explore the other Halloween items both on our site, and in the shop. Here are some ideas for you:
Halloween printables on KiddyCharts
We LOVE Halloween - so we have loads of printables for you that work perfectly for this season. Why not take a look at some of them now?
Halloween colouring pages for kids
Our most popular post with loads of free coloring pages for the kids at Halloween, and its FREE!
Free Halloween photo props or Halloween party decorations
Some free photo props for the photo booth at your Halloween party. Loads of fun guaranteed!
Free Halloween bingo cards
Looking for a game to play with the kids, or the school at Halloween, then Bingo is it!
Halloween parade invitation for you or your kid's toys!
An invitation for you to use if you are having a Halloween parade or a party this year.
25 free spooky Halloween printables for the kids
Finally, loads more ideas for printables both on KiddyCharts and elsewhere. Take a look!
And some more ideas beyond our site as well:
Halloween printables from the internet
Loads more printables for you to check out with a Halloween theme. Hopefully you will find more inspiration for your Halloween seasonal activities here too.
Free Printable Halloween Writing Prompts for Kids
We like to do learning activity related printables on KiddyCharts as well, of course. Here are some writing prompts for the season from Pickle Bums.
Printable Halloween Would You Rather Questions for Kids
We LOVE a spot of "Would you Rather" and this is a fabulous Halloween themed game for you and the kids to play. Thanks Darcy and Brian for putting this one together for us all.
Halloween Paper Chains - Easy Printable Craft for Toddlers
Paper chains are a simple decoration that is so effective - so why not make some for Halloween as well as Christmas? These are perfect from Rainy Day Mum.
If you do like what you see on the site alongside the printables, why not sign up for our weekly newsletter as well?
Thanks for coming to see us.
Monday 11th of October 2021
Love this thanks!