We have a lovely craft idea for you today – with some cool, funky, colorful, and very friendly, monsters! This is a free printable hand puppets craft that’s easy for you to do with your class or your kids. It makes a nice Halloween activity, but works any time of year. If you like a colorful craft, and are in to monsters then it is for you. If you want to download this activity, you do need to be a member of our free time to pee club, so do take a look and see if this is something that you would like to sign up to. You can check the other exclusive printables within the My Account section in our membership site.
How to do your hand puppets craft: Monster instructions!
You don’t need too much equipment to make these puppets. All you need is:
- Templates we provide below,
- Glue, and
- A little bit of patience as well.
In order to make them, you may also want to laminate them first so that they are a little more “solid” but it really is up to you. They do work fine if you use thick card too.
- Cut out the monster that you would like to make into your first hand puppet. There are a few of them; which color do you like best? Perhaps you can opt for that one!
- Fold the monster along the top dotted line in the middle of it, so that you are hiding your monster and can only see the back of the template. When you do this you will be folding along the month so that when you move your monster and look inside, the mouth moves,
- Now fold your monster back on itself in a concertina fashion so that you are folding in the other direction on the other dotted line. You will now be able to see about a third of your monster, and then a small section only at the bottom of your monster and the paper,
- Press these folds down hard so they are both secure,
- Fold the small section remaining at the bottom of your monster back on itself,
- You are now left with a monster that stands up and a tab in white behind your monster. If you fold you monster so it is vertical – you will be able to stand him/her up roughly,
- Leave your monster standing up, and then take the other sheets we have in the template with their full width of A4 paper dotted strips. They look a little like a set of white paper chains!
- Cut out a single one of these white strips from the sheet for your monster, the others are for all the other monsters,
- Put the edge of the strip to the edge of the white tab and glue down the end at the edge of the tab on both sides
- When glueing it down, make sure that there is space for a hand to go through the strip at the back so that you can use it as a hand puppet,
- Once you have glued it on one side, fold the strip around, and glue in the same fashion on the other side so you can use that side for your thumb,
- Now you have a hand puppet that you can put your hand into on both sides. Do it and move the monster’s mouth with your hand, and
- if you want – you can add teeth to it too, for that added extra little something!
We do hope that you understand this, but feel free to contact us if not, and we can help you out.
<< To get the template that you need for this, just click on the circular image below and you’ll be able to sign up for our Time to Pee membership and then you can get access to it >>
If you like Halloween crafts, do check these out too on the site as well. We have other craft ideas and inspiration that you can take a look at.
Here are some more ideas from other sites for you too:
We really hope you like these ideas and this template for this hand puppets craft – if you do, sign up for our full weekly newsletter alongside our Time to Pee resources:
We’ll see you again soon, we are sure. Do check out the rest of the free exclusive resources you have access to in the My account section within our membership site.