Today we want to share with you Atom Learning and their Free Maths Angles Worksheets to aid summer catch up, and beyond. So who are Atom Learning? This is a Key Stage 2 adaptive online learning platform for kids, covering English, Maths, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning.
Atom Learning combines teacher-made content with technology to keep kids on their individual, and fully optimised learning paths. Each child is shown questions based on their ability to keep engaged and constantly learning. The platform is designed to consolidate Key Stage 2 national curriculum (UK) and help those preparing for secondary school entrance assessments.
If you’d like to try out an Atom Learning subscription, click here to start a 5-day free trial. You can receive 10% off your first payment if you use our discount code (In55Egct) when you sign up.
How to get your free Maths angles worksheets
This brings me onto the exclusive resources they’ve shared with us. We’ve picked out a couple of their new Maths worksheets that fit perfectly alongside the Maths summer course, but help longer term with your kids’ learning.
You can print off these worksheets and use them as a consolidation tool for home learning, or use them alongside the courses.
The Atom Learning Maths summer course includes:
- Lesson 1: Decimals,
- Lesson 2: Geometry 1: Angles, Polygons, Quadrilaterals and 2D Shapes,
- Lesson 3: Geometry 2: 3D Shapes, Volume,
- Lesson 4: Geometry 3: Position and Transformations, and
- Lesson 5: Measurement.
Maths angles worksheets
To help with lesson 2 we have some ‘Angles’ worksheets…
What do kids need to know about Angles?
It is all in the worksheet…but let’s go through some of the key points. The worksheet details what you need to know for the UK Maths national curriculum:
- An angle is the space formed when two straight lines meet at a point,
- Angles are measured in degrees. The symbol for degrees is a small circle °,
- We give angles different names depending on their size: right angle, acute angle, obtuse angle and reflex angle, and
- How to use a protractor.
After the ‘what do you need to know’ section, the worksheet moves onto worked practice questions and tips and tricks to help your children master the topic. Have a look for yourself – click on the image to download this.
What do your kids need to know about position?
This worksheet on position will work perfectly alongside day 4 of the summer course. The term ‘position’ refers to where something is. When you sleep in your bed, it’s your position in your bedroom.
This worksheet details all of the key words surrounding the topic of position: axes, grids, origins, and coordinates. Within the worksheet, these will help to answer coordinate questions. There’s an annotated graph that visualises the key words, and another that takes you through how to plot coordinates.
Once children have got to grips with the theory, they can move onto a worked example. This is a great reference tool to come back to whilst doing homework.
The worksheets are fun and engaging, but don’t just take our word for it – take a look! You just need to click the image below to download it.
How to use the free Maths worksheets for angles and positions
- Print them off and pin them on the wall to reference whilst doing homework,
- Download them onto an iPad or tablet and work through the examples,
- Use them alongside the free summer course (see below) to recap what you learnt, and
- Cut out the ‘tips’, ‘remember’, and ‘watch out’ sections to remind your kids of the key points covered in the Angles and Position lessons.
We hope that you and your child enjoy using these worksheets, and I encourage you to sign up for the free summer courses (even if it’s just to get some peace and quiet from the kids!). Let us know how you use the helpsheets, and I’ll be sure to ask Atom for some more!
Sign up for free summer lessons with Atom Learning
Atom Learning has been offering free, online lessons to all Key Stage 2 students to ensure that children weren’t left behind due to the disruption caused by the pandemic. After the success of these lessons, Atom Learning is continuing to support families throughout the summer with free, online summer courses!
The lessons are live, interactive sessions led by qualified teachers. They offer:
- A fun and participatory way for children to stay engaged with their learning during the summer break,
- A chance to catch up on areas they may have missed during lockdown,
- A head-start on the next school year, and
- An hour a day for you to get some work done! 😉
The week-long courses are split across English, Maths, Reasoning and Creative Writing and are being held throughout July and August 2020. They’ve had over 12,000 students register for the courses, so if you’re interested you’d better get your skates on!
You can register for the free lessons here.
We do hope that you like these free maths angles worksheets, don’t forget to keep coming back to the site for more fun activities and resources.
Here are more maths learning activities to have a look at:
If you liked these posts from our site you’ll like these from around the web:
Before you go, make sure to sign up to our newsletter!
Cheers for visiting and see you back here soon!