As always, we are mindful of the events that are sweeping the nation on KiddyCharts, and with this in mind we are giving you something special today. We have created our very own coronation bunting for you to download for the big day on the 6th May, 2023.
As we approach the coronation of King Charles III, we are pretty sure that there is a certain amount of excitement is in the air.
It is a time of celebration, and people all around the UK, and even the world, are eager to join in the festivities.
We feel that one of the best ways to show your support and enthusiasm for this momentous occasion is by decorating your home or workplace with coronation bunting.
To help you get started with your own celebrations, we have created a set of downloadable coronation bunting that you can print out and use for free.
What does the coronation bunting look like
As always, we have created a unique set of images for you to use with the bunting, and you can either print out everything, or choose which ones you would like to use yourselves, printing multiple copies of your choice.
The first two sheets within the bunting are the cover sheet, and then the first design. This includes a simple image of the king, with flags, two crowns and text showing his details.
The final two bunting designs are even more simple, as we appreciate that not everyone has access to w whizzy printer! These two designs also feature the king and a crown. One one this is alongside a further crown silhouette, and on the other, a simple union jack flag.
Finally, we have a few blank ones, just in case the kids would like to decoration their own bunting to make the event just that little bit more personal!
We hope that one, or all of these designs work for the ideas that you have to celebrate the coronation.
To download them, just click on the button or the image below:
Why celebrate King Charles III coronation?
We know it isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, the monarchy. However, here are a couple of reasons why we think it is worth celebrating:
- It is a time to acknowledge the significance of the monarchy and its role in the UK’s history and culture. The coronation is a tradition that dates back centuries and has been an integral part of British culture for generations. It is a time when the nation comes together to celebrate its heritage and show its support for the monarchy.
- The coronation is an opportunity to welcome a new era and a new monarch. It is a time of renewal and hope for the future. The coronation of King Charles III will mark the beginning of a new chapter in the history of the UK and the Commonwealth, and it is a momentous occasion that deserves to be celebrated.
How could we decorate our homes for King Charles III coronation?
Alongside our awesome bunting, there are other ways to decorate your home or workplace for the coronation. Here are three ideas we’ve had for you:
- Flags and Banners: In addition to bunting, you can also decorate with flags and banners. The Union Jack is a classic symbol of British pride and can be used to great effect in your coronation decorations,
- Flowers and Plants: Flowers and plants are a great way to add a touch of elegance and natural beauty to your coronation decorations. You could use red, white, and blue flowers to create a patriotic theme, or choose flowers in the colours of the royal crest to tie your decorations together, and
- Royal Memorabilia: Another way to show your support for King Charles III is by displaying royal memorabilia. This could include commemorative plates, mugs, or other souvenirs that celebrate the coronation. You could also create your own DIY memorabilia by decorating items with the royal crest or other coronation symbols.
We hope you like these thoughts and ideas, we’d love to hear what you are getting up to, so do let us know. If you are after more royal ideas – why not check these out too:
There are more coronation ideas here too, including a fabulous set of coronation craft activities from Red Ted Art:
Don’t forget to sign up to the site if you like what you see – here is our weekly newsletter for you:
As always, thanks for coming to visit us, and we really hope you will be back to see us all again soon.