We have the cutest little activity for your kids to do today. Get them away from those screens for a while and keep their hands busy with these paper plate flowers. No matter the season, they are sure to brighten up your kids mood and your home as you can use them to add some colour and decoration to your kids rooms. This craft is fun, and simple and all it takes are some simple materials.
Let’s have a look at what you need to make the paper plate flowers.
Kids paper plate flowers
Here’s a quick overview of what you’ll need:
- 2 – 4 inch Paper Plates,
- Paint & Paint Brush,
- Paint Pens or Markers,
- Jumbo Popsicle Stick,
- Foam or Construction Paper,
- Hot Glue, and
- Paint both plates, 1 dark shade and 1 light shade and let dry,
2. Paint the jumbo popsicle stick green to form the stem, let dry,
3. Add detail by using additional paint designs, paint pens or markers,
4. Cut the plates from the outside down to the outer part of the inner circle to form the petals,
5. Glue the lighter shade plate on top of the darker shade plate,
6. Attach the stem from the back of the flower,
7. Use the foam or construction paper to cut 2 leaf shapes and attach them to the stem, and
8. Your flower is complete!
What did you think? It’s a simple and fun craft for your kids to keep their little hands busy. And of course, you can join in on the fun, too!
Need that extra time to pee? Sign up for our newsletter to get a daily activity to keep the kids busy.
If you liked this post, you’ll definitely like these other activities from our site.
We have even more activities and crafts for you from around the web. Have a look.
See you soon,