We are sharing something a little bit special today with you; the easiest chocolate brownie recipe EVER! And why is it so easy – simply because it was designed so that kids could have a go at it too! (Note: this post contains affiliate links for Amazon)
This recipe for chocolate brownies is from My Little Sous Chef is fun to make (and irresistible) for grown-ups and kids alike.
My Little Sous Chef comes with two different books showing the same delicious recipes – the “grown up” one contains all the detailed ingredients, instructions and photography, while the kids’ version contains fun, illustrated simplified steps that children can do to help make each dish. The children’s version is laminated and easy to wipe clean, so perfect for surviving sticky fingers!
This book is such a great idea – we hope that this little taster gives you a hankering to try out a few more ideas from it too.
Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- Butter 135g
- Dark chocolate 265g
- Caster sugar 200g
- Plain flour 135g
- Eggs 3
- Vanilla extract 2tbsp
- Icing sugar
Recipe directions for you:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces. Melt the butter and chocolate in a pan over a low heat.
- Once the mixture has melted, pour into a bowl and allow to cool. Add the sugar and mix well. Add the eggs and keep on stirring. Then add the vanilla extract, flour and a pinch of salt.
- Line a deep baking tray with baking paper and pour the mixture in. Bake in the oven at 180°C for 25 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Cut into squares and dust with icing sugar to decorate
Tasks for your Little Sous Chef:
- Add the butter and the sugar to the melted chocolate and mix
- Add the eggs and mix
- Add the vanilla extract, salt and flour, and mix
- Pour the mixture into a baking tray
- Dust with icing sugar
Tips for making this recipe even easier, or a little bit different!
Play with this recipe by adding chopped nuts, dried fruit or anything you and your little sous-chef fancy.
Eggs combine more easily if they are at room temperature: Take them out of the fridge 20 minutes before starting to cook.
My Little Sous Chef is available in Hardback from MyLittleSousChef.com and Amazon. RRP is £22.
If you like this recipe, then why not check out the other cooking resources we have on the site? We have lots of other lovely food ideas for you to get stuck in to; why not try these out?
- A fantastic dairy free chocolate cake,
- Some gorgeous chocolate truffles; that are just to DIE for,
- Lovely homemade malted milk biscuits, and finally
- Make your very own custard creams.
What’s not to love! We hope you enjoyed this recipe feature, why not sign up to our newsletter so you don’t miss a thing on the site; we publish weekly (or you can get articles daily), covering free printables, giveaways, and great tips for being a parent too!
Thanks for stopping by as always.