Raise your hand if you or your kids are mango lovers. We love mangoes and are happy to share this mango salad recipe for kids to make. Yum!
Cooking and trying new dishes is a great way to learn about different cultures and their eating habits and traditional food. This mango salad recipe is an Asian dish, Thailand one to be more specific, so it can be a great starting point to start talking about the wonderful Thailand.
We hope you will enjoy this tasty treat.
ID – Mango Salad
- 425 g/15oz can of mango slices
- 2 spring onions/scallions
- 30 g/1oz/½ cup fresh coriander/
- cilantro leaves
- ½ teaspoon ready-grated
- wet ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sweet chilli
- dipping sauce
- 2 tablespoons blanched peanuts
- 1 Little Gem/Bibb lettuce or
- can opener paper towels, strong
- plastic food bag rolling pin
- With a few paper towels pat the mango until dry. Cut it into 1cm / half an inch chunks using a table knife. Put the chinks in a serving bowl.
- Remove the top and bottom parts of the spring onions/scallions using scissors. After that cut the white parts into small rings. Add to serving bowl.
- In a cup sop the coriander or cilantro. You can use scissors. Add to the bowl as well.
- Then add some chill dipping sauce, oil, lemon juice and grated ginger, then mix well with a spoon.
- Take a strong plastic food bag and put the peanuts into it. Gently hold the end closed and smash them with a rolling pin to break into smaller pieces.
- Leave the peanuts in the bag and put the salad in the refrigerator if you are going to eat the salad later.
- How to serve? Pull the leaves off the lettuce and put them on plates. Spoon the salad into the middle of the leaves and sprinkle with the peanuts. You can put a chunk of crusty bread with the salad if you want.
There are many more recipes from around the world that kids can cook.
You can get all of them them here: http://amzn.to/2ioRL3D