Breakfast for lunch is a brilliant idea isn’t it? You’ll enjoy this delicious chorizo and scrambled egg recipe for lunch or dinner. It’s an easy lunch for mum, especially if you’re a busy mum who wants to get a fulfilling meal, but don’t have the time to spend on something that’s more complicated.
This easy lunch for mum will delight your senses and allow you to feel full long into your busy day of motherhood.
What is Chorizo?
Chorizo is a Spanish word and usually means beef or pork sausage. There are many variations of Chorizo but I’m using Spanish Chorizo del Consorcio for this delicious scrambled egg brunch for busy mums.
Why is chorizo so red?
Spanish Chorizo is often seasoned with smoked paprika which gives it the red color. This tasty Spanish meat is so delicious with so many different meal options. The color of your chorizo will certainly not ruin the flavor that comes when you whip up this delicious brunch recipe for mum.
How to make chorizo and scrambled egg brunch
It’s really easy to make this delicious Chorizo and scrambled eggs for brunch. You’ll find the ingredients list and step by step instructions below to make this delightful lunch for busy mums today.
Quick Lunch for Mum: Chorizo and Scrambled Egg Brunch
This quick lunch for mum features the spice of Chorizo added to your favorite scrambled egg recipe. This brunch is perfect for Mums everywhere.
- 80g Spanish Chorizo del Consorcio, sliced
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- Generous handful of young spinach
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3tbsp milk
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- Juice ½ lime
- 2tsp finely sliced red chilli
- Lime wedges and coriander sprigs
- Mix the coriander, onion, lime juice, and chili to make the salsa.
- Using a non-stick frying pan, cook the chorizo, pepper and red onion over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. DO NOT add extra olive oil.
- Add the spinach to your non-stick frying pan and stir until wilted.
- Grab your sourdough bread slices and sprinkle one side of each slice with olive oil. Grill or char-gill your sourdough bread slices until lightly browned.
- Beat your 4 eggs and 3 tbsp of milk together in a small bowl. Add the chorizo mixture and beat until well-mixed. Season this mixture with black pepper and return to your frying pan to cook until lightly set (about 1-2 minutes).
- Serve your chorizo and scrambled eggs on your sourdough toast with your homemade salsa created in step 1.
- Feel free to garnish your Chorizo and scrambled egg brunch with lime wedges, and coriander sprigs.
If you don't have time to make this full recipe idea, you can create a simpler version by adding a splash of milk and Spanish Chorizo to your regular scrambled eggs.
What a fabulous menu for an easy lunch for mum it is! We also have some recipes that will give you more ideas for menus. Check out these articles:
Other recipe ideas for lunch and families
Some more thought on great recipes for lunch for you and the family.
Cake, dessert and biscuit recipes for kids and the family
If you are suck for what to do for dessert - we can help!
Hearty family meal: Spanish Chorizo and Roast Cod with Capers and Tomato
The marriage of fish with Spanish chorizo brings a flavorful dish to your table with every meal. Enjoy this delightful Spanish Chorizo and roast cod with capers and tomato tonight.
If you aren’t sure what else we have on the site around food, then do pop over to the cooking with family section for more ideas won’t you?
There are several chorizo recipes out there you can try to make after you finish with ours:
Chorizo recipes on the web worth checking out.
If we didn't give you enough ideas for great chorizo recipes - why not try these ones too?
Easy Recipe: Chorizo Refried Bean Tacos
Everyone loves a Taco - but have you tried one with chorizo before?
Roasted Chorizo and Tomato Pasta
A lovely simple pasta dish that the kids will enjoy; and most importantly is really easy to actually make.
Easy Chorizo and Tomato Pesto Pasta with Sacla
Yes - and another one - so you've got a little bit of choice for an easy after school meal for the kids.
Subscribe to our newsletter to get instant updates from our site.
Thanks for taking the time to come see us and enjoy the food!