Impress your friends and family with these surprisingly easy to make but very delicious berry cream puffs.
Prep Time 1 hour
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
For the creme Patissiere:
- 4 Co-operative free range egg yolks
- 100 g golden caster sugar
- 25 g plain flour
- 300 ml semi skimmed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the pastry and fruit layers:
- 320 g sheet puff pastry
- 6 tbsp icing sugar, plus a little to dust
- 325 g fresh fruit, eg 200g pack blueberries and 125g pack raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/Gas 6. Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper. Whisk together the yolks and sugar. Stir in the flour.
- Put vanilla extract and milk into pan and bring up to a gentle simmer. Add the milk onto egg mixture and don't forget to whisk all the time.
- Put the mixture back into the pan and heat it up gently until the custard has thickened up and again, don't forget to stir. Set aside and leave it to cool, when cooled the creme patissiere is done.
- To make the pastry bigger roll it out. Cut into 3 long strips, then each strip, cut into 6 rectangles. Next thing to do is to place them on the tray, dust with icing sugar, chill for 30 minutes and then bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Assemble the cream puffs in alternate layers of pastry, creme patissiere and fruit, consisting of two layers for each cream puff. Top each one with a piece of pastry and dust with icing sugar.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g