Although the last few days have been a bit colder, I am so glad that spring has arrived and more importantly the clocks changed a month or so ago. Spring for children just seems that much easier…and this is why:
- The kids can play in the garden when they have friends around
- We can go to the park after school and let off steam
- We can resume our rather entertaining attempts to play tennis as a family. I think the laughter is as good for us as the exercise!
- We can get the bikes out and explore some of the local area.
- We can go out without bundling up in coats, gloves and scarves.
- The moaning is less when we walk to Brownies, Scouts or anywhere else.
- It’s not freezing when watching football practise.
- The kids are not under my feet when I am trying to cook tea.
- Its light when I take the dog out and sometimes I have company – which is a great time to talk together.
- We can get out gardening and get everyone involved – in fact a lot of the last weekend has been spent in the garden. I have two budding gardeners who are keen to get out there planting vet and flowers. We have weeded planted potatoes, mange tout, broccoli, salad, peppers, sunflowers and nasturtiums.
No doubt everyone will be moaning if and when it gets really hot, when we need sun cream and hats or if it rains all summer (just don’t mention hosepipe bans), but for the moment we are very glad that its spring and we are thoroughly enjoying it.
This is our regular Tips for Parenting guest post by Beckie Whitehouse from Be Confident Coaching.
Image above courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net.