In this week’s Google Hangout, I am talking about parental separation with Beckie Whitehouse of Be Confident Coaching. It can be a delicate time for all parties concerned when a marriage or partnership has broken down and remaining amicable in front of the children can be a challenge. Parental separation and divorce is difficult for everyone involved – but especially for the kids.
We have covered several areas of discussions to make this an easier conversation to have with your child, including:
- when is it an appropriate time to talk to your child or children
- how to approach the topic
- reassuring your child or children of your love
- how would you discuss it with a younger child(ren)
- what you should not say
- discussing the separation as a couple
Our video is less than 6 minutes long so why not give your kids one of our free printables and take some time to yourself. If you are dealing with separation and looking for help we hope this video can be of assistance for your and your family.
The delicate subject of parental separation and divorce needs to be handled tactfully. Here are some posts that we hope can help you through the difficult conversation:
- Beckie Whitehouse and I chat about the practicalities of helping your kids through divorce on another Google Hangout video
- All aspects of your kids health are important and we have included some of our most popular resources on this page
- Helping your children through a separation is a good read from Here Come the Girls Blog
Have you been through a separation with children? How did you tell/discuss the subject with them?
Thank you so much for reading this post and watching our videos. We hope you follow our series and we hope to see you in the next one!