In this week’s Google Hangout, I am discussing the sensitive subject of parental separation with Beckie Whitehouse of Be Confident Coaching. It can be a delicate time for all parties concerned when a marriage or partnership has broken down and remaining amicable in front of the children can be a challenge.
We have covered several areas of discussions to have with your child, including:
- when is an appropriate time to talk to your child(ren)
- how to approach the topic
- reassuring your child(ren) of your love
- how would you discuss it with a younger child(ren)
- what you should not say
- discussing the separation as a couple
Have you been through a separation with children? How did you tell/discuss the subject with them?