We always look forward to the craft box from Craft Merrily, giving us our Bostik Bloggers challenge for the month. This month, we were asking to come up with something on the snow theme. Chatterbox and Stuntboy, as always, took the craft box away and I saw very little of it. Each one of them came up with their own crafts, Stuntboy made a snow mobile craft; something really simple for little hands.
- Bostik foam pads
- Blue ribbon
- Snowman foam template
- Snowflake (large), and small, or other snowflake decorations
- Glittery white pompoms
- Glitter card, white, or pale blue
- Syrofoam star
- Hama bead mobile ring.
1. Decorate your snowman foam, so he looks sufficiently daper. Stick on two google eyes with your Bostik foam pads
2. Colour in your foam star, taking car to have lots of fun; making sure you let their creativity soar of course – just like my little boy’s did! He wanted to add the star into the middle of the craft too – he said it was a “snow crystal” and who am I to argue?
3. Thread very carefully your ribbon through the snowman, foam star, and the two glitter pompoms; which will make your two snowballs of course.
4. Make some snowflakes with your glittery card, and punch a hole through the top of each one. To make a snowflake, cut out a circle and fold it into quarters, then cut out your snowflake pattern. Make exactly the same pattern with another piece of card, and stick the two together (using foam pads); glittery card facing out so they are double sided! We didn’t do this on our mobile, Stuntboy lost a bit of patience with this bit… ;-)
5. Stick your small snowflake onto your large snowflake, and again punch a hole in the top of it. You should now have a snowman, a star, a snowflake and two snowballs. Thread the ribbon through the snowflake, and then attach all five to the Hama bead mobile ring
6. Use the string to tie the mobile up so that it hangs flat. You will need to make sure you use two lengths of string that are the same, and carefully tie them directly above the centre of the Hama bead ring, otherwise your mobile won’t hang straight. Just take your time
7. Finally, punch holes through the styrofoam star and thread another piece of blue ribbon through it and hang across the centre of the Hama bead mobile ring.
Voila – your snow mobile.
You can really use any decorations for this that are snow and winter themed; and you could collect items from your winter garden to make a nature craft one too; from pine cones, to leaves. Just bery very careful piercing everything for hanging it all up.
We hope you liked this winter and snow themed mobile – if you would like to see some other great winter crafts, do follow us on Pinterest and check out our winter craft board as well.