…I realised fairly soon that even I might be able to put it together. There were, however, relatively limited instructions, and unfortunately, the scooter didn’t come with a big burly man to help tighten the screws.
Unfortunately, I needed one as I was being a real girl about the whole thing. We did mange to get it together, but I recommend that a) you make sure there is someone on hand, man, woman, or giant, to help out with the tightening, or b) you take it to a local nice cycle ship man to help you out. We went out with it after I had put it together and my son ended up with the handlebars the wrong way round. I don’t think that this was due to rigorous scooting, more wimpish screwing *oops*
What did the kids think (Stuntboy)?He loves it. Simple. The only thing he is worried about is using it in town, and damaging the wheels because he can’t do stunts properly, and that it doesn’t go so well on grass. However, it wasn’t make to go well on grass, was it? He told me that he likes is because it has:
- Two wheels – he is pretty good on these, and three wheels are, apparently, for babies
- Small wheels, so its perfect for stunts. They have five spokes too – which is meant to be good *why?*
- Low chassis, or that’s what he said…so its easier to do jumps; not that he does these yet, but he likes the idea of this, and it sounds good when he says to too
- Grip on the stand, so his feet “stick” to the base on jumps
- Soft handlebars, on his last scooter he didn’t like these coz they rubbed his hands…these are soft to touch and comfortable
- Quiet; it makes little or no noise, and his last scooter rattled, a lot
- Little weight; or it does when you compare it to his old Spiderman model!
It even kept us entertained for a good hour or so…long enough for mummy to have a wee sit down at least *Hurrah*Verdict 8/10 but only because of the price so get it in a sale (like now – Oct 2013) These retail at £119.99, but are on sale now (October 2013) at £69.99. At the top end price, this is an expensive piece of kit. However, it does exactly what it says, and most importantly, it appears to be durable, fun, and designed well for the task in hand. The instructions were lacking, and I had to phone the helpline in the end to make sure I was building it right. However, I am willing to accept that this was more me than them! I would recommend this scooter to friends, and already have done so, definitely worth a look for Christmas and beyond. In particularly, this is a great scooter for little boys and girls who are really serious about learning how to stunt scoot properly. Because its so light, little people can control is well.