- Why its important to take part in imaginative play with your children?
- What is a reasonable amount of time to do so?
- Is it OK to leave your kids to play by themselves too?
- What ideas there are for encouraging imaginative play indoors, and outdoors too?
- What can Dad’s do to get involved in imaginative play?
Parenting Snapshots #7: Imaginative play – why bother?
No more wee – yeah! This week we are chatting about imaginative play with your kids. It has been in the news recently about how important it is to play with our children. More specifically, how that parents, fathers in particular, aren’t sure how to “do” imaginative play effectively. I sometimes struggle to know what to do when its just me and the kids. I am not a natural at this imaginative play lark; it just doesn’t come as easily to me as it perhaps does to others. Don’t panic though, Kate and I have some tips. We discuss: