These rules (Rules) set out the terms for use on the online forum to be found at www.kiddycharts.com, and the blog (Blog) found at www.kiddycharts.com/mummys-little-stars and www.kiddycharts.com/competitions-giveaways which apply to all users.
Any submission of material by you to the Forum or Blog means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the terms and conditions of these Rules.
The Blog and Competition Submissions (Contributions) are fully moderated. Every contribution submitted to will be checked by us or our moderators for compliance with our content standards (Content Standards) before or as soon as reasonably practicable after it is published.
Although the Blog and Competition Submissions are fully moderated, we are under no obligation to you or any other person to oversee, monitor or moderate the Forum, Blog or Competition Submissions or any other service we provide on our site and we may stop moderating Contributions at any time. We reserve the right to remove, or to disable access to, any Contribution which we deem to be potentially defamatory of any person or which we deem unlawful or in violation of any third party rights. We expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of the Forum by any person in contravention of these Rules.
These Content Standards apply to each part of a Contribution as well as to its whole. The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. We or our moderators will determine, in our discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution or competition must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
- Be relevant.
A Contribution or competition must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any individual.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from us if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any third party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites
- Constitute medical advice. All advice given within the forum is opinion. If anyone requires medical advice urgently, a doctor should be consulted.
Competitions/giveaways submitted must:
- Adhere to these content standards
- Not be added multiple times.
Giveaways or competitions submitted to the site are moderated on a regular basis where possible. The decision to display a submitted competition or giveaway on the site lies wholly with KiddyCharts. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the matter. However, if you are unsure whether a post is suitable for submission please do contact us.
Competitions and giveaways that meet our content standards and are likely to be of interest to our readers are listed live on the site.
KiddyCharts are not responsible for any errors in the submissions. All T&Cs for competitions are the responsibility of the host site/magazine/blog. Those entering competitions must read full terms and conditions on the host site and comply with THEIR instructions. Do not rely on the summary posts on KiddyCharts. If any errors occur in our submissions, we will not enter into any correspondence.
Finally, KiddyCharts can stop offering this at any time
By submitting a Contribution to the site, you agree to grant us a non-exclusive licence to use that Contribution. Although you will still own the copyright in your Contribution, we will have the right to freely use, edit, alter, reproduce, publish and/or distribute the material contained in your Contribution. This licence will be free of charge, perpetual and capable of sub-licence. We may exercise all copyright and publicity rights in the material contained in your Contribution in all jurisdictions, to their full extent and for the full period for which any such rights exist in that material.
Please also note that, in accordance with the Content Standards, you must ensure that your Contribution does not infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person. By submitting your Contribution to the Forum or Blog, you are warranting that you have the right to grant us the non-exclusive copyright licence described above.
If you are not in a position to grant such a licence to us, please do not submit the Contribution to the Forum or Blog.
Breach of these rules
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution already posted on the site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of these Rules. The actions described above are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
We will not be liable in any way or under any circumstances for any loss or damage that you may incur as a result of any Contribution, nor for any errors or omissions in any Contribution. Use of and reliance upon such Contribution is entirely at your own risk.
Changes to these rules
We may revise these Rules at any time. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you.
Advice on the website and blog
Any advice given on the KiddyCharts site does not constitute medical advice. If readers have any medical concerns they should see a doctor as soon as practical. KiddyCharts and it’s guest bloggers will not be help responsible for the consequences of any advice taken after reading these posts and / or comments.