We have a lovely and simple snack recipe on the blog for you today – Tuna Crunch, which is really easy and cheap to make. An idea for teatime, or even as a snack when the kids come in from nursery, or school.
- 1 small tin tuna
- 1 large free range egg, beaten
- 2 tbsps. mayonnaise
- 4 tbsps. grated cheese
- 4 tbsps. of either/mix of grated carrot/celery/chopped onion
- ¼ pint milk
- Salad to decorate
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Open the tin of tuna and mash the contents in a bowl. Get mixing that Tuna!
- Add the mayonnaise, milk and egg and thoroughly bind.
- Mix in the cheese and grated/chopped vegetables of your choice. Mix. You'll need to mix the Tuna with the cheese and other chopped veg well.
- Spoon the contents into a tin of your choice. The mixture should hold any shape so is ideal for making a fun meal!
- You can use any shape at all - a ciricle, a star, a heart - the choice is yours for your Tuna snack!
- Cook at 160 degrees Celsius for approx. 25 minutes, until golden brown and set.
- Leave to cool before turning out.
- Decorate and serve with a garnish of your choice.
What do you think? Looks good eh?