Simple Pinata cake for birthday parties
- 375g butter
- 375g caster sugar
- 2 tsps vanilla extract/vanilla bean paste or the seeds from 1 vanilla pod
- 6 large eggs
- 375g self raising flour
- 200g butter
- 400g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pastel Chocolate Candy Beans (Smarties) to fill.
- Cake confetti sprinkles
- Cream together the butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Sift in the flour and fold in until well blended.
- Divide the mixture between the 3 tins and bake in the oven for 25-30minutes until golden on top and springy to the touch.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Prepare the icing beating together the Stork, icing sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Level the tops of the 3 cakes using a sharp serrated knife.
- Cut out the centres of 2 of the cakes with a sharp knife or cookie cutter to create 2 rings.
- Set the first ring onto a serving plate or cake board and sandwich together with the next ring using a layer of icing.
- Fill the centre of the ring with chocolate candy beans.
- Coat the top of the ring with icing and place the full round cake into position. Coat the top and sides of the cake with the remaining icing.
- Use the tip of a palette knife to create a ridged style in the sides and top of the icing.
- Decorate with sprinkles and serve.