If you are looking for something to make with those blackberries that will now be just about ready for picking in your local park, have a go at this scrumptious forest fruits cake from Stork that is so quick and easy to bake. Not only that though, it looks utterly yummy wouldn’t you agree?
- 250g butter
- 250g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 250g self raising flour
- 80g frozen forest fruits (blackberries, raspberries, black cherries, …)
- 100g butter
- 100g mascarpone
- 200g icing sugar, sifted
- 350g fresh forest fruits
- Icing sugar to dust.
- Grease and line the bases of 2 x 8” cake tins. Preheat the oven to 160c(fan)/180c/Gas Mark 4.
- Cream together the Stork and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Sift in the flour and fold in until evenly blended.
- Fold through the forest fruits and divide the cake mixture between the tins.
- Bake in the oven for 30minutes until golden on top and springy to the touch.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare the filling. Take 150g of the forest fruits and puree, sieve to remove the seeds. Set to one side. Beat together the Stork and mascarpone.
- Once combined, add the icing sugar and beat again.
- Set one of the cakes onto a serving plate. Add a layer of mascarpone icing and forest fruits.
- Top with the second cake again coating in a layer of mascarpone icing.
- Drizzle the reserved forest fruits puree around the top of the cake and decorate with the remaining fruits. Dust lightly with icing sugar and serve.
What do you think? Is this something you would make?
All the photo in this are taken from Stork, do check out their other wonderful bakes on their Bake with Stork site.