We have a lovely recipe for you today; for a roast Lamb, with Apricot and Mint. I know that might sound a little bit different, but I assure you – its well and truly yummy! You really can’t beat a nice bit of Lamb to warm your soul on a cold day, and this certainly does more than that.
- 2kg (approx) Co-operative bone in whole leg of lamb
- 100g dried apricots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 25g fresh mint, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- zest of 1 lemon, finely grated
- 2 red onions, peeled and trimmed
- 4 cloves garlic
- Small piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped or 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cinnamon sticks or 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 x 400g tins chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 500ml boiling vegetable or lamb stock
- To serve, chilli sauce and large handful of fresh coriander or thyme, chopped (otional)
- Set and preheat the oven to 2OO°C/fan 180°C/ Gas 6. All over the lamb cut small slits. Put apricots chopped into small pieces into the bowl with other marinade ingredients and mix it in well.
- Place the lamb into a large bowl, pour the marinade over and rub all over the meat, working the marinade into the slits. Then leave to marinate if you have the time to do that.
- Put sliced red onions into a roasting dish with chick peas, cinnamon, ginger, garlic and stock.
- Put the lamb on top and roast for one and a half hours (or 30min per 450g), or until cooked to your liking. Cover it with foil halfway through. Serve with chilli sauce and fresh thyme or coriander.
- Tip: Prepare the lamb the day before and marinate it overnight for extra flavour.
Don’t forget to check out the other recipes on KiddyCharts too. We’ve got some great ones for you all, and the best thing about them is that they are all simple to do, because I am NOT the world’s best cook! ;-)